Written by Steve Perry
How to be Brilliant at a Moment's Notice
The new book by AC founder Todd Henry reveals simple practices that unleash brilliance in life and work.
You go to work each day tasked with inventing brilliant solutions that meet specific objectives by defined deadlines. If you do this successfully you get to keep your job. If you don’t, you get to work on your résumé. The moment you exchange your creative efforts for money, you enter a world where you will have to be brilliant at a moment’s notice. (no pressure, right?)
Many of us assume that our creative process is beyond our ability to influence, and pay attention to it only when it isn’t working properly. For the most part, we go about our daily tasks and everything just “works.” Until it doesn’t.
In The Accidental Creative, Todd Henry reveals the dynamics of organizational creativity and teaches simple practices that help you unlock brilliant ideas and establish a rhythm that supports your creative process. You’ll discover how to:
- Focus in on your most critical work and reclaim your attention.
- Develop stimulating relationships that will lead to creative insights.
- Effectively manage your energy so that you are always ready to engage.
- Curate stimuli that help you pursue creative possibilities.
- Leverage your hours wisely and effectively to eliminate creativity drains.
The Accidental Creative is your guide to staying fresh, doing brilliant work and changing the world.
The above is an excerpt from Todd’s website, The Accidental Creative. It’s a great website with many articles on how to be creative at a moment’s notice.
Check out a video trailer of Todd’s new book below.